*The ultimate compressed drysuit.
* Free made-to-measure service gives a comfortable tailored fit.
* 3mm compressed neoprene with tough Armatex outer and lined with nylon jersey for comfort.
* All seams glued and blind-stitched with a urethane bead on the inside for extreme strength and reliability.
* We guarentee the seams on Ultra drysuits for three years.
* Medium weight BDM dry zip across the shoulders.
* 3mm Glideskin neck and wrist seals (latex is an option).
* Apeks Auto Adjustable dump valve.
* Apeks Swivel Inflation and 74cm low pressue hose (a longer 89cm hose can be specified in options).
* Polyurethane knee pads for maximum abrasion resistance without loss of flexibility.
* Neoprene lined dive boots with fin retainer.
* 3mm neoprene flap behind zip to eliminate cold spot.
* Choice of nine colour ways (colour combination attract a supplement charge, Why? see FAQ's).
* Nylon suit bag.
* Service kit: zip wax and French chalk for seals.
* For more details on what is included see "Whats included with a drysuit" via the Home page
To Avoid Confusion it is only possible to order one drysuit per order. Please create a new order for each suit.
The concept behind the Seaskin Ultra drysuit was arrived at when we were trying to come up with a new size chart that covered all our customers. We realised that this was impossible due to the great differences in body dimensions between two people even of the same height and chest size. Compressed suits have many advantages in warmth and consistent buoyancy with depth changes and they really come into their own when the fit is precise with no bagginess to drag in the water or to get snagged, or any tightness resulting in loss of mobility or discomfort. We cut a drysuit to accommodate a Thinsulate undersuit (of the correct design and construction) down to a basic body suit. This gives you a suit that can cope with all water temperatures when combined with the correct undergarments.
We do appreciate that, if you consider yourself to be a 'normal' body shape, getting organised to take the measurements we require to give the ideal fit can be a pain, but the benefits of getting a made-to-measure suit will be experienced on every dive for years to come.
Having a perfect fit is no good if the suit is let down by poor construction. Although Seaskin is a new name, our company, Aqualand Limited, has made thousands of drysuits over decades for some of the world's most discerning users. We make no compromises on the quality of the components we use. The combination of neoprene, glue, thread and urethane that we use, gives a seam that is ultra reliable (hence the name) and guaranteed for three years.
Not only is the Seaskin Ultra made-to-measure, but unlike other suits, because each suit is individually made for one person, we can offer an unparalleled number of options to customise the suit to your exact diving requirements.
After exhaustive testing of the varying densities and thickness of compressed neoprene which are commercially available, we discovered that the best compromise between the crucial volume / buoyancy change with depth and heat retention was with 3mm compressed neoprene. It offers unrivalled flexibility while not giving the suit excessive weight and it still proved to have excellent wear and tear characteristics with both abrasion and puncture testing. We also found that the you need to treat both the suit and the undersuit as a single system. They need to compliment each other, not only with thermal insulation but with there cut. The ability to adjust your insulation level leads to predictable buoyancy control and a drysuit which is usable in the coldest to all but the very warmest overseas waters. We believe our system gives you this flexibility control and above all improves your diving enjoyment.